The city of Denver started out as a small settlement called Denver City founded by General William Larimer back in 1858. In the next 40 years, Denver’s city growth would continuously increase and thrive with the building of the Transcontinental Railroad from Denver to Cheyenne and the booming silver rush sweeping the front range.
The Lower Downtown Historic District of LoDo was formed in 1988 to preserve the significant architectural, historical, and economic value of the area. As a historic neighborhood, all existing resources and 127 historic structures remain intact. A zoning ordinance was also enacted to restrict building heights and encourage mixed-use development for effective rehabilitation and new construction.
- The Market at Larimer Square. Whether you are looking for hand-crafted coffee or tea drinks, an amazing home cooked meal, or home-made ice-cream, this is the place to be! The Market has been serving happy customers since 1983 – a true LoDo sensation!
- Osteria Marco. This classy family-style Italian restaurant is sure to please! With a selection of artisanal cheeses and meats made on site, an extensive wine list, a tasty dry-Italian fare, you can’t go wrong!
- Tom’s Urban Diner. This more recent addition at the gateway of Larimer Square, friends are encouraged to MEET, EAT + DRINK the exceptional modern American cuisine offerings and epic cocktail creations. Their kitchen is open late too and is a nice spot to fill up after a great night out on the town.
- Euclid Hall Bar and Kitchen. Come experience the tasty array of the hand-made sausages on site and the other twisty chef’s creations offered here. They have a nice array of cocktails, wines, and beers. Great friendly atmosphere with a nice western facing view from the upper windows.
- Corridor 44. Experience lots of elegance and class at Denver’s only champagne bar – perfect for a romantic date night out or a small gathering of ladies for happy hour, this bar is sure to please!
- Union Station. One of the oldest remaining building’s in Denver’s LoDo neighborhood, Union Station recently went through a huge remodel and there are tons of wonderful restaurants and bars that can be found inside. Come experience Denver’s history in this landmark!
There are SO MANY other great places to go in LoDo – we just can’t feature them all here.
Check out AvenueWest Denver’s Trendy Fully Furnished Short Term Rentals Available in the premier LoDo neighborhood: